COVID-19 Update - 4th July 2020
The Committee would like to make you aware that the Club Bar will be opening starting today with restricted access in line with the Government recommendations.
The times of opening with be from 1pm - 6pm on Saturday and Sunday afternoons only, weather permitting, as most seating is in the garden area.
Members only will be served at the moment with no guests and would ask everyone to respect this.
Members names and contact numbers will be required to comply with Track and Trace rules, Hand sanitising stations have been placed in the lobby of the bar and near the doors to the veranda for regular use, Social distancing will be in place along with other safety precautions to be shared by the bar staff.
We ask that if you are intending to come please adhere to all the new rules to ensure we protect all the club members
The Committee will be reviewing the situation and will keep you informed of any changes
COVID-19 Update - 23rd May 2020
The Government guidance on ‘accessing green spaces’ was updated on 13th May, 2020 and this gave positive news in relation to our water-based activities.
The revised guidance is that:
“All forms of water sports practiced on open waterways, including sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, rowing, kayaking, surfing, paddle-boarding and the use of privately-owned motorised craft (in line with the guidance issued by the relevant navigation authority) are allowed.”
What this means to us at Humber Mouth Yacht Club and its members:
However, please note:
- Firstly, we would ask members to act responsibly and with respect to all those around them. Your actions will reflect on the Club.
- The Government guidance that you may still only meet with one person outside of your household and that even then you must keep 2 metres apart, so effectively you may only have members of your own household on your boat.
- We would strongly advise that you and your boat can easily handle the conditions as if you were to get into difficulty the RNLI and Coastguard would have to risk their own safety for you. Please strongly consider this point.
- Please note the official Government advice, and guidance from the RYA and RNLI is continuing to be updated. Please keep up to date with the latest official information.
- This, again, is your responsibility.
- This is specifically not a Club activity and you are responsible for your own safety and actions under these proposals. Please bear this in mind when considering going out in your boat
- The compounds remain open to Members, but please limit your visits and apply guidelines re: social distance.
- When certain boating activities resume a few ground rules need to be set up.
- The boating activities will not start until we have the necessary sanitising equipment inplace.
- But any activity will still need to be alone, with members of a single household, or with one person who is not in your household as long as you stay two metres apart. Social distancing must be followed at all times.
- The boat is seaworthy and all equipment is working, special emphasis on the engines and radio, and check your insurance to ensure that you are covered during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Fishing Boats, all equipment, boat and tractors must be washed down and disinfected after use
- If possible 2 people from the same household to go out in a fishing boat, or if single handed go out in pairs, think SAFETY
- Dinghy and Kayaking, again all tractors, equipment must be washed down and disinfected after use.
- If going out alone and using the tractors just remember to have a plan if the tractor gets bogged down or breaks down on the beach.
- Please bear in mind that if a tractor breaks down it will take a considerably longer time to effect a repair.
- Remember it is your responsibility for your safety and the supply of PPE sanitiser, wipes, disinfectant, and any related equipment used on your boat.
- Failure to comply with Club guidance may result in disciplinary action being taken in accordance with the Constitution and Rules of the HMYC against the individuals concerned.
- The toilet and washing facilities downstairs can be used.
- BUT ON NO ACCOUNT MUST THE CLUB BAR, KITCHEN OR TOILETS UPSTAIRS BE USED.
Bob Cowley Club Commodore.
Welcome to the Humber Mouth Yacht Club (HMYC).
We are a small club located at the mouth of the River Humber on the south bank close to Cleethorpes. Please check out the “How to Find Us” page for detailed directions to the club by both land and sea.
HMYC is a diverse clubs and offers facilities for many different types of boating. We have swinging moorings for boats up to around 28 feet, we have a secure compound which houses fishing boats and leisure craft able to launch directly from their trailers as well as all variety of sailing dinghies. There is also secure storage beneath the clubhouse for sail boards and sea canoes.
Visiting sailors are always welcome. Please contact the relevant Rear Commodore for further information and check out the “How to Find Us” page for detailed pilotage instructions if arriving by sea.
Please browse our website to find out more about the club and what it has to offer.